Still full from the six-course holiday meals? Try this quick and easy favorite.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 3/4 - 1 cup sweet pickle relish or piccalilli
- 6 slices American cheese, cut into quarters
- 12 mini Kaiser or dinner rolls
Preheat grill. Mix together ketchup, unseasoned breadcrumbs and ground beef. Form into 12 mini patties for mini cheeseburgers. Grill over medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes, or until desired doneness. While burgers are cooking, combine crushed potato chips and relish. Top each cooked burger with about 2 tablespoons of potato chip/relish mixture and then place 2 quarters of the sliced cheese on top. Makes 6 large burgers on buns or 12 mini burgers.
Serve on mini rolls with desired condiments.