Always Look Up, Stay Safe Around Power Lines
May is Electrical Safety Month. When you’re starting any outdoor project, be alert of where power lines are located overhead.
Whether you’re working on the roof, trimming trees or painting your house, be aware and alert others about nearby power lines.
Stay safe by:
- Locating all overhead power lines
- Staying at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines
- Avoiding contact with anything that touches a power line
- Carrying ladders and equipment horizontally
- Staying at least 35 feet away from downed lines and calling 911 immediately.