At a Glance: Margin Refunds
- Jackson EMC tracks how much electricity you use and pay for each year.
- At the end of the year, Jackson EMC looks at the cost to maintain and deliver reliable electric service to determine if there are excess revenues.
- The cooperative allocates the revenues left over as "margin refunds" to members, based on how much electricity they've used.
- If financial conditions allow, the Jackson EMC board of directors will return margin refunds for specific years to members in the form of a check.
- Jackson EMC mails margin refund checks to members in December.
This December, current and former Jackson EMC members who received electric service during 1991, 1992 and/or 2018 will receive their share of $12 million in margin refunds. Checks will be mailed this month.