Be Scam Aware
Jackson EMC wants you to avoid being the victim of a scam. Scammers are known to target customers of utility companies, including Jackson EMC, by pretending to be a representative of the company.
Jackson EMC will never demand immediate payment over the phone or email. If any request seems suspicious, contact Jackson EMC at 1-800-462-3691. Jackson EMC uses multiple ways to communicate with members when they have a past due bill.
What We Do
- Provide Secure Phone Line: Provide a secure phone number (1-888-228-9166) to make payments 24/7.
- Mail Payment Reminders: Mail payment reminders to members who haven't paid a bill.
- Make Courtesy Calls: Make courtesy reminder calls to members who may be subject to disconnection. These calls don't demand immediate payment.
- Offer Online Payment: Offer online payment options on the MyJacksonEMC mobile app and website.
- Provide Customer Service: Provide customer service representatives who can provide information securely about your account by calling 1-800-462-3691 Monday-Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Scammers are known to use tactics that will get potential victims to act fast.
What We Don't Do
- Send People: Send people to your house or business to collect payment.
- Threaten Disconnection: Call and threaten disconnection if a payment isn't made immediately, typically over the phone, via money transfer, prepaid debit cards or by cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin.
- Demand Payment: Demand payment to a third-party payment website that's not jacksonemc.com or MyJacksonEMC.com.
- Pay Through Text: Require you to make a payment from a link sent in a text message.
- Urgent Payment via Email: Send emails urging immediate payment for past due balances.
- Ask for your Social Security Number: Ask for your Social Security number, date of birth or financial information (bank account or debit/credit card information) in an unsolicited call, email or text.
Learn more about how to protect your information at jacksonemc.com/safety-and-security.