- 2 (6 oz.) packages uncooked long grain and wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast meat (seasoned to taste)
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Prepare rice according to package directions. In a medium bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, prepared rice, soup, pimentos and onion. Transfer to a lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top. Place in preheated oven briefly, to melt.