- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 large onions, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup baby carrots, or 2 large carrots cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or seasoned pepper mix
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Combine all ingredients, except peas, in the slow cooker/Crock Pot; stir well. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is done and vegetables are tender; stir in peas the last 30 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
Select pages where this recipe appears: Main Dishes