Community Impact: Jackson EMC Foundation Operation Roundup Fast Facts
- Nationally recognized program started by Palmetto EMC.
- 28 of Georgia’s 42 EMCs participate; another 10 are considering.
- Participating members have monthly electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount; contribute about $6 per year.
- Foundation funds administered by volunteer board of directors.
- Funds used for charitable organizations and individuals.
- Any individual or organization in any of the 10 counties served by Jackson EMC may apply; does not have to be a member.
- Grants are limited to $15,000 for organizations and $3,500 for individuals.
- Rounding up began in October 2005.
- Currently, more than 179,462 accounts participate in the program; 89 percent of the cooperative’s 202,054 accounts.
- Members contribute an average total of $88,500 each month.
- To date, the Jackson EMC Foundation has awarded 928 grants to organizations and 305 to individuals, totaling more than $9.3 million.
Go to www.jacksonemc.com/foundation for more information, a list of all grants awarded and downloadable applications.