Jackson EMC Communicators Receive National Recognition
Jackson EMC’s communication department recently earned multiple awards from the Cooperative Communicators Association (CCA) for a variety of communication pieces developed for members and employees.
CCA is a trade association of cooperatives across North America, including brands like Sunkist, Land O’Lakes, National Cooperative Bank, Dairy Farmers of America and many electric cooperatives. The organization’s annual awards program recognizes excellence in communication projects and programs developed by its cooperative members.
Jackson EMC earned these honors:
- First place in employee publication for Jackson EMC’s employee newsletter, JEMClips. Judges' comments included, “Very well written and easy for readers to navigate and take away key information. Attention to detail and making best use of limited space, while not overwhelming reader is apparent. This is a thoughtful, well-done newsletter.”
- Third place in video series for “Right Choice Testimonials,” which highlighted homeowners and homebuilders who have participated in Jackson EMC’s Right Choice new home program for homes built for energy efficiency, improved indoor air quality, convenience and comfort. Judges’ comments included, “Overall this series is very well done. Great selection of testimonials each with a unique perspective.”
- Honorable mention in illustration and graphic design for “2020 by the Numbers” feature in JEMClips.
- Honorable mention in miscellaneous promotion for a wrap showcasing Jackson EMC linemen for the “Lineman’s Rodeo Trailer.”
- Honorable mention in cover design for JEMCO News, Jackson EMC’s member newsletter for a photo featuring a lineman.
“These awards are a testament to our daily mission of creating engaging communication strategies that enhance understanding of Jackson EMC, its people and its values,” said April Sorrow, Jackson EMC vice president of communication.
Jackson EMC communication team members honored with these awards include: Casey Abernathy, Brooke Blackmon, Taylor Compton, Karen Ewing, Dekotah Mathis, April Sorrow and Kerri Testement.
For the latest Jackson EMC news, visit news.jacksonemc.com.
Jackson Electric Membership Corporation, the largest electric cooperative in Georgia and one of the largest in the nation, is headquartered 50 miles northeast of Atlanta in Jefferson, Ga. The cooperative serves more than 242,000 meters on 14,507 miles of energized wire. For more information, visit jacksonemc.com.