Corn and Peas
Remember these dinnertime staples from your childhood? Here they are again, easy to fix as ever but with quick additions that make them far more flavorful and interesting for adults as well as kids.
- Early Peas with Honey Pecan Butter
- 2 (15-oz.) cans very young small early peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- In medium saucepan, heat peas; drain well. Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt butter; stir in honey and pecans. Pour over peas; stir to blend.
- Creamy Parmesan Corn
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. frozen shoepeg white corn
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Dash nutmeg
Cook corn as directed on package; drain. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese until melted. Pour over corn. Garnish with a dash of nutmeg.