Couscous and Shrimp Pesto Salad
- 1 pkg. Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous Mix
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 T. olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen, precooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In medium saucepan, prepare couscous according to package directions, except omit olive oil. Fluff prepared couscous lightly with a fork; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender container, combine basil, nuts, cheese, olive oil and garlic; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine prepared couscous and pesto sauce, tossing to coat evenly.
- Gently stir in shrimp and bell pepper. Cover; chill at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with lemon wedges and additional cheese, if desired.
Pecan Chicken Salad
| 10:33 AM America/New_York
"This is really great as an appetizer. And, even better the second day!" - Gail Williams, Buford Ingredients: 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 lb. cooked, shredded chicken …
Blue Cheese and Grape Coleslaw
| 00:00 AM America/New_York
"A great summer recipe, perfect for barbeques!" Recipe from Jana B. Slocum, Hoschton, GA INGREDIENTS: 1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw mix 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted 3/4 cup green seedless grapes, quartered 3/4 cup red …
Cajun Crab Salad
| 13:00 PM America/New_York
“This Cajun Pasta Salad is always a favorite at gatherings and events. Perfect for summer and it goes terrific with anything!” Ronnell Chappetta – Jefferson, GA Ingredients: 2 cups (8 oz.) small shell macaroni 1 teaspoon olive oil 4 …