Create a Home Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
If you had a fire at your home, would your family members know how to escape safely?
The National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) recommends families make a home fire escape plan incase there’s a fire in their home. In October, NFPA celebrates National Fire Prevention Week.
When creating your family's fire escape plan:
- Ensure your home has working smoke detectors. Press the test button to ensure they’re working properly or replace them.
- Pick a designated meeting spot outside. It should be outside of your home foreveryone to meet at in the event of a fire.
- Visit each room in your home. Identify two ways ou tof the room.
- Practice your plan. Do a home fire drill.
- Talk about your fire escape plan. Be sure to discuss the plan witheveryone in your home.
To learn more about fire prevention tips, visit nfpa.org.