Easy Peasy Chimichanga
“This recipe pleases the picky eaters at my house and it is so easy to make.”
Wanda Bias – Commerce, Ga
1 lb. ground beef
¼ cup taco seasoning mix
1 cup white cheese (queso) dip
10-12 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
Pam cooking spray
Parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil
Salsa and sliced jalapenos (optional)
Makes 8 Chimichangas.
- Brown beef in skillet, cook fully.
- Drain any fat and add seasoning mix.
- Prepare cheese while beef is cooking.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to cooked meat in skillet. Stir.
- Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Lay 1 tortilla flat on flat surface and put ¼ cup of the meat and cheese mixture in shell.
- Fold over sides of shell and roll up.
- Place on prepared pan, folded end down.
- Once all rolls are on the pan, spray each one liberally with Pam.
- Place in oven, heated to 375 degrees.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn over rolls, and spray again with Pam.
- Return to oven and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Top with salsa and jalapenos and serve with Spanish rice and refried beans.