Jackson EMC Communicators Receive National Recognition
Jackson EMC’s communication department recently earned multiple awards from the Cooperative Communications Association (CCA) for a variety of communication pieces developed for members and employees.
CCA is a trade association of cooperatives across North America, including brands like Sunkist, Land O’Lakes, National Cooperative Bank, Dairy Farmers of America and many electric cooperatives. The organization’s annual awards program recognizes excellence in communication projects and programs developed by its cooperative members.
Jackson EMC earned these honors:
- First place, cooperative education, for a video and stories about supporting restoration efforts after Hurricane Michael
- First place, brochures, pamphlets or one-time publications, for a brochure about Jackson EMC’s business development services
- Second place, video series, for testimonial videos featuring Jackson EMC members
- Second place, social media, for the cooperative’s social media strategy
- Third place, promotional video, for a video about Bright Ideas grants for educators
- Third place, campaigns and programs, for a multimedia campaign featuring Jackson EMC employees telling their personal stories
- Honorable mention, employee publication, for Jackson EMC’s employee newsletter
Jackson EMC communication team members honored with these awards include: Karen Ewing, Dekotah Mathis, Ryan Russell, April Sorrow and Kerri Testement.