Jackson EMC Foundation 2023 Community Impact
More than $1.1 Million Member Donations Invested in the Community This Year.
Your impact in the community is amazing. Thanks to your contributions to Operation Round Up®, the Jackson EMC Foundation has awarded grants to organizations making a difference in the lives of others. These are a few examples of your generosity impacting the community:
- 16,941 youth engaged through camp experiences, after school support and mentor programs
- 1,568 counseling and therapy sessions
- 5,294 nights of shelter provided for those in need of a place to sleep
- 94,460 meals served through food pantries and food banks
- 600 rides provided for women in need of emergency transportation
- 4 individuals provided with life-changing home modifications and repairs
- 2,563 individuals provided with medical training
- 3.083 patients received medical supplies and services
- 14, 289 bags of food delivered to children and seniors
- 59,115 diapers provided for 1,080 babies
Since its founding in 2005, the Jackson EMC Foundation has awarded grants totaling nearly $20 million to organizations and individuals in the 10 counties serviced by Jackson EMC.
The Jackson EMC Foundation Board of Directors
The Jackson EMC Foundation Board of Directors includes local community leaders who represent Jackson EMC members to distribute contributions through Operation Round Up® for charitable purposes. This year, the Foundation board members' and staff's collaborative efforts included:
- Connecting 250 nonprofit leaders who attended 8 board development sessions hosted by the Foundation.
- Visiting 60 nonprofit organizations
- Engaging with 11 summer camp youth groups
For more information about the Jackson EMC Foundation, visit jacksonemc.com/foundation.