Jackson EMC Communicators Receive National Recognition
Jackson EMC’s communication department recently earned multiple awards from the Cooperative Communicators Association (CCA) for a variety of communication pieces developed for members and employees.
CCA is a trade association of cooperatives across North America, including brands like Sunkist, Land O’Lakes, National Cooperative Bank, Dairy Farmers of America and many electric cooperatives. The organization’s annual awards program recognizes excellence in communication projects and programs developed by its cooperative members.
Jackson EMC earned these honors:
- Second place, member publication, for Jackson EMC’s member newsletter, JEMCO News
- Second place, documentary video, for the video “NISC Go Live Weekend”
- Second place, video series, for testimonial videos featuring Jackson EMC members
- Second place, illustration and graphic art, for “2019 by the Numbers”
- Third place, annual report, for the Jackson EMC Foundation’s annual report
- Third place, promotional video, for the video “Lighting Up the Holidays”
- Honorable mention, employee publication, for Jackson EMC’s employee newsletter, JEMClips
Jackson EMC communication team members honored with these awards include: Casey Abernathy, Brooke Blackmon, Taylor Compton, Karen Ewing, Dekotah Mathis, April Sorrow and Kerri Testement.