Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Spice up a chilly winter's evening with this dish!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 can (7 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix (regular)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix. Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup of cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.