Jackson EMC is the 2nd largest electric cooperative in the U.S.
Jackson Electric Membership Corporation, the largest electric cooperative in Georgia and one of the largest in the nation, is headquartered 50 miles northeast of Atlanta in Jefferson, Ga. The cooperative serves more than 232,000 meters on 14,000 miles of energized wire.
- Corporate office is located in Jefferson, GA
- District offices in Gainesville, Jefferson, Lawrenceville and Neese
- Engineering and Operations Centers in Lawrenceville, Jefferson and Oakwood
Fast Facts about Jackson EMC
- Jackson EMC is a not-for-profit electric cooperative.
- A portion of all "profits," or margins as we call them, are returned to our members annually. As of 2018, $135 million in margin refunds have been returned to our members since our cooperative was founded in 1938.
- Our membership is 90% residential and 10% commercial and industrial. Our kilowatt-hour sales are 60% residential and 40% commercial and industrial.
- The members of Jackson EMC fund the Jackson EMC Foundation, which awards grants to organizations and individuals in need in our service area. Founded in 2005, more than $14 million in grants have been awarded to date.
- Through our Right Choice program, energy efficient homes are built for members in our area. In 2017, more than 10 million square feet had been built through this program.
- To ensure reliable power supplies, we work closely with our generation and transmission partners, Oglethorpe Power Corporation, Georgia Systems Operation, Georgia Transmission Corporation and our national marketers to develop lower cost power reserves.
- Our average kilowatt-hour costs run 17% below the national average.
Jackson EMC’s media library includes photos from the electric cooperative, its primary logo and brand book. For questions about use of Jackson EMC’s photos and logos, please contact April Sorrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit jacksonemc.com.