Need to Know: Fraud Alert
Jackson EMC takes steps to protect our member’s information. Unfortunately, from time-to-time, Jackson EMC members are solicited by utility scammers and unknowingly provide information to the wrong people.
To prevent members from falling victim to potential scams, here is a list of the procedures Jackson EMC takes when communicating with members about bills:
- Jackson EMC will notify you by U.S. mail of past due amounts and potential disconnection, and will ask you to use traditional payment methods to make payment, including coming to the office or going to jacksonemc.com.
- Jackson EMC will not request that you obtain pre-paid cards to pay your bill.
- Our employees will never call or email you to demand immediate payment to avoid disconnection.
- Only Jackson EMC members who have signed up for paperless billing will receive an email from the cooperative notifying them that their bill is ready to view.
- When calling the office, you may be asked to verify the last four digits of your Social Security number to identify yourself but will not be asked for complete Social Security numbers (unless you are calling to set up new service).
- Jackson EMC will never send an employee to your home or business to collect payment.
If you suspect someone has reached out to you and obtained personal account or financial information, contact Jackson EMC immediately at 1-800-462-3691. For more information about the policies and procedures Jackson EMC uses to protect members, visit www.jacksonemc.com/safety-and-security.