Potato and Sausage Soup
Have hot soup that's full of flavor in minutes. This recipe requires 15 minutes prep time and 30 minutes cook time.
- 6-8 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs. hot sausage, out of casing
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 3/4 cups finely diced celery
- 4 oz. butter
- 1 qt. heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbs. balsamic vinegar (white or dark)
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 4 tbs. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large stockpot, add potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. In a saute pan over medium heat, add sausage and chopped onion in pan and saute until completely cooked. Drain sausage mixture, add celery and saute a few additional minutes. Add sausage mixture to stockpot with butter. Add cream and extra broth if needed. Add vinegar, vanilla and parsley at the end of cooking. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.