Sausage and Cream Cheese Dip
“This recipe is good to use as an appetizer, and most of my friends usually eat it between two pieces of bread. It’s that good and filing! My friends and family often request this dish.” – Alice Johnson, Lawrenceville
- 2 rolls of Jimmy Dean mild/regular sausage (16 oz.)
- 2 packages of Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature (8 oz.)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained (variety of your choice)
- Sliced jalapenos and juice from the jalapenos (1-2 oz.)
- Tortilla chips, Ritz crackers and/or any variety of bread(s)
In a pan, completely brown both rolls of sausage until done. Drain completely. While the sausage is cooking, drain the Rotel tomatoes. Once drained, use a spoon to stir the tomatoes in a bowl with cream cheese. Stir with spoon until well blended. Using a spoon, add the cooked sausage to the cream cheese mixture until well blended.
As an option, add sliced jalapenos and jalapeno juice for extra “kick.” Another option is to add a tablespoon of jalapeno juice to the mixture to elevate the taste.
Serve dip with tortilla chips, Ritz crackers and/or bread(s). This can be served hot or at room temperature.