Scalloped Tomato Casserole
This variation on an old favorite could become a new favorite with your family.
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cheese-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Layer half each of first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; repeat layers. Bake at 325º for 20 minutes. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with croutons and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 10 more minutes. Makes 6 servings.