White Bean Chicken Soup in Slow Cooker, Tuscan Style
"This is a wonderfully easy slow cooker soup recipe. It has been a favorite with our family for years. I got it from my Aunt Micki in California and tweaked the original for my taste buds." – CINDERELLA DANIELS, DULUTH, GA
15 MINUTE PREP TIME, 3 TO 8 HOURS COOK TIME. SERVES 6 TO 8
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 1 tsb. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker; add carrots, celery and garlic.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice and chicken broth.
- Add all the spices.
- Stir everything together and cover, cooking on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (or until chicken is tender).
- Remove chicken breasts, shred and return to pot; stir.
- Makes 6 to 8 chunky bowls of yummy soup.
Ethiopian Peanut Stew
“It sounds like a strange combo of flavors but it's actually really good. I make this a lot in the winter.” - Teri Drake-Floyd, Hull, GA Ingredients 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped 1 carrot, chopped 1/2 onion, chopped 1 large …
Poppin' Potato Tomato Soup
1 pound ground beef 4 cups potatoes, cubed 1 small onion, chopped 2 cans (15-ounces each) tomato sauce 3 ½ cups water 2 teaspoons salt 1 ½ teaspoons pepper 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce Brown ground beef in a large pot. Drain. On medium …