White Bean Chicken Soup in Slow Cooker, Tuscan Style
"This is a wonderfully easy slow cooker soup recipe. It has been a favorite with our family for years. I got it from my Aunt Micki in California and tweaked the original for my taste buds." – CINDERELLA DANIELS, DULUTH, GA
15 MINUTE PREP TIME, 3 TO 8 HOURS COOK TIME. SERVES 6 TO 8
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 1 tsb. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker; add carrots, celery and garlic.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice and chicken broth.
- Add all the spices.
- Stir everything together and cover, cooking on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (or until chicken is tender).
- Remove chicken breasts, shred and return to pot; stir.
- Makes 6 to 8 chunky bowls of yummy soup.
Meaty Tortellini Soup
| 11:40 AM America/New_York
"The first time I tried this recipe, we were pleasantly surprised at how tasty and delicious it was. It’s a perfect dish for cooler weather." - Brenda Brock, Gainesville Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1 12-oz package frozen …
Chicken Enchilada Soup
| 17:02 PM America/New_York
"This is the best soup there is and it's great for cold weather." - Angela Jones, Statham Ingredients 1tbsp. canola oil 2 poblano peppers, finely chopped 1 medium onion, finely chopped 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 lb. …
Ethiopian Peanut Stew
| 19:07 PM America/New_York
“It sounds like a strange combo of flavors but it's actually really good. I make this a lot in the winter.” - Teri Drake-Floyd, Hull, GA Ingredients 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped 1 carrot, chopped 1/2 onion, chopped 1 large …