White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookie
"Enjoy these cookies at holiday gatherings or with a nice cup of coffee in the morning." - Marianne Johnson, Flowery Branch
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) white chocolate instant pudding (or pumpkin spice instant pudding, if available, and skip the 1 tsp. of pumpkin spice below)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chip morsels, divided in half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup or more dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil, for white chocolate drizzle
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda until blended, set aside. Beat together butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in pecans, dried fruit and half the bag of morsels.
Using 1 ½” ice cream scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart on parchment lined or silicone matted baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet and then place on wire racks; cool completely.
While cookies are cooling, microwave ½ cup of the white chocolate morsels with the oil. Melt in 20 second intervals stirring in between. Use a spoon to drizzle the white chocolate on the cookies, or place in plastic bag, twist top and snip corner to form a pastry bag; squeeze icing on cookies. Serve immediately or let icing cool completely before storing or freezing.